Re: [Xen-devel] xen intro q

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 15:38, Bin Ren wrote:

> It's relevant to say that Xen re-uses some Linux kernel source codes,
> and chooses a similar directory structure, Xen authors gain much
> knowledge and inspiration from Linux kernel.
>
> The similarity ends here.

Fair enough, I suppose a better question is how do you plan on
maintaining support for all the new hardware (even ia32 only)over time?
If I had the goal of porting xen to amd64, I'd much rather port a xen
patch onto the linux kernel than fork the kernel, stuff in the xen
infrastructure and then maintain my fork for all eternity ;-)

Is this a reasonable idea?  And if so, do you have suggestions on places
to start.

-chris