Re: [Xen-devel] Problem to boot Xenolinux.

On 28 Nov 2003, at 14:12, Guillaume Belrose wrote:

root_device_name=sdb2
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-8, errno=2
VFS: Cannot open root device "sdb2" or 08:12

Xen seems to start but Xenolinux does not. My guess is that my SCSI
adapter is not recognized by XEN. My machine uses the following adapter:
LSI Logic. If it is the case, do you know how I could include support
for this adapter in Xen?

You are right. As for SCSI, currently Xen only supports BusLogic, aacraid,
aic7xxx and megaraid. Take a look at 'xen/drivers/scsi'

One thing that's particular tricky about porting drivers from Linux to Xen
is that: Linux is thread-driven whereas Xen is event-driven.

If you want to port the scsi driver, the best way is to look at the 'diff -u' of
Xen BusLogic and Linux BusLogic, and post questions to the list.

-- Bin