[Xen-devel] pcnet32 and copybreak condition

The main modifications in the PCnet32 ethernet driver seems to be macro that
test if COPYBREAK is define. I notice that for network driver which were written
for Xen the main modifications was around the copybreak and also some
adjustments with include files. Is it true if I say that the port of network
device from Linux to Xen is quite "easy" and that the majority of the
modifications are due to the differences with inlcude files and differences with
"copybreak" scheme? To be more clear, I don't see why it's not possible to take
a native linux device driver and recompile it in Xen? Which mechanisms provided
by Linux are not provided by Xen (for exemple I saw the implementation of
function register_chrdev() in Xen so you can register character device using the
same interface as in Linux...). Why, for exemple, it isn't possible to implement
a copybreak mechanism in Xen? Will that imply a too major change?

You plan to move the management of device in domain0 using the native linux
device drivers right? Have you ever write something concerning what are the
differents steps that will allow to achieve this goal?

Thank you very much for your help
Have a nice day
Guillaume