Re: [Xen-devel] questions about production use

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 05:37:38PM +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> >    - ? less resource sharing/saver features like sparse files (uml)
>
> CoW block devices are under development.

If Xen could run using files that would be most interesting to us - it
would mean the minimum change to our current setup.

Maybe these could be served from Domain0 in some efficient fashion I
don't know...  I guess you could do it using the nbd but a more
efficient mechanism would be nice.  Something like iSCSI but over a
Xen transport.

The whole business of how you would manage a production host with
(say) 32 virtual servers each with different and changing demands (eg
virtual server A needs another 2 GB of disk space) for disk space is
the part of Xen that worries me.

Maybe all this has been implemented since 1.0 and I missed it on the
mailing list ;-)

--
Nick Craig-Wood
ncw1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx