[Xen-devel] HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping in mm/memory.c

  • To: Xen list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:15:18 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 07:36:25 +0000

hi,

I am trying to guess the purpose of the calls to
HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping in mm/memory.c, or rather why this code
(which apparently handles user space demand paging) uses a special
hypercall rather than the usual pte-update calls.

Could anyone briefly explain to me what this hypercall does, and why it
needs to be special?

thanks,
Jacob