Re: [Xen-devel] SCSI disks working?

> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 00:10, Keir Fraser wrote:
> > > root_device_name = sda3
> > > kmod: failed to exec .... block-major-8, errno = 2
> > > VFS: Cannot opet root device "sda3" or 08:03
> > > Please append a correct "root=" boot option
> >
> > Send us your complete output from Xen and Xenolinux, if possible (can
> > you capture it via trhe serial line?).
>
> Ok, I found the cable and  attached is the boot log:

You incorrectly selected "Real-time clock" from the "character
devices" menu when configuring Xenolinux. Unless you're really sure
what you're doing you should not change any configuration options
under that menu (I think all other menus are safe to fiddle with
though).

What's happened is that the RTC driver has tried to allocate the
'real' IRQ 8. This doesn't exist in Xenolinux, but it is preventing
the block-device driver from allocating virtual IRQ 8 -- so you are
not properly installing the virtual block-device driver.

Recompile with the default settings under "character devices".

 -- Keir