[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] xc_domain_create problem

> > I pulled the latest xeno-1.2.bk this morning and am getting
> > a glitch in xc.domain_create
> > 
> > The domain ID it returns is a large bogus 64 bit number
> > This prints  'created 4613842385142171136 (4007a934400a4600)'
> >         id = xc.domain_create( mem_kb=mem_size*1024, name=domain_name )
> >     output ('created %d (%x) ' % (id, id))
> > 
> > A sane domain id appears from 'xc_dom_control.py list', but the domain
> > scripts fail because they use the bogus id returned from xc.domain_create
> Oops.  Yesterday we decided to backport a changeset from 1.3 to 1.2
> to make domain id's 64 bit. The intention was to ensure that the
> user-space tools remained identical in 1.3 and 1.2. Looks like we
> bungled it...
> You can probably do a temporary fix by reverting the last
> checkin in the BK repository (bk cset -x). I'll take a look
> tomorrow.

Most likely the correct fix is to upgrade your installed toolset. The
Xen interface hasn't changed, but the interface between the C and
Python user-space libraries _has_ changed.

 -- Keir

SF.Net is sponsored by: Speed Start Your Linux Apps Now.
Build and deploy apps & Web services for Linux with
a free DVD software kit from IBM. Click Now!
Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.