Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic while compiling kernel

> > *BUT* take it as a reminder to list everything non-standard about your
> > build and environment when reporting a bug.
>
> Ok, I understand.
>
> > PS. Can you try building your own Xenolinux with all your config
> > changes _except_ the ones listed above? i.e. you should have
> > CONFIG_M686=y and CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT=5. I expect that the
> > resulting kernel should not crash.
>
> It does crash. :)

If you're sure that the CPU config options were set to the default,
and that you booted the correct kernel, then a useful thing to do is
the following:
Incrementally remove your config options (i.e. move towards the
default Xenolinux configuration) until your kernel image no longer
crashes.
Or alternatively:
Starting from teh default Xenolinux configuration, incrementally add
your desired extra config options until the resulting kernel image
starts to crash.

In this way we can pinpoint which kernel config option is causing
Xenolinux to fail.

 -- Keir