Re: [Xen-devel] grub problem

> I'm trying to install xen 1.2 from the cd.

I'd normally recommend installing Xen onto a standard
Redhat/Debian/SuSE distribution rather than using the DemoCD as
to make the thing fit we had to leave some useful stuff off.

> I formated the filesystem and copied it from the cd.
> I must install grub now.
> I do grub-install /dev/sda /mnt/root
> The error is ioctl 00001261 not supported by xl_block

Are you sure the ioctl message is triggered by the grub-install ?
i.e. do 'dmesg' before and after.

Does the grub-install print an error message?

> The file /mnt/root/boot/grub/stage1 not read correctly

Have you tried just booting a Linux kernel and running the
grub-install under that?

Best,
Ian