Re: [Xen-devel] Domain0 won't boot on latest unstable bits?

> I just bk-clone'd the latest unstable, rebuilt everything
> (including using the new 'make ARCH=xeno' syntax*** for
> building xenolinux) and on boot, I got:
>
> DOM0: Unable to obtain IOPL, despite being SIF_PRIVILEGED
>
> Just to make sure, I repeated everything and still got
> the same result.  (I know... that's the definition of
> insanity ;-)

Definitely sounds like Xenolinux and Xen are out of sync. XL is
probably sending the wrong control-interface version number to Xen.
Are you sure you are building both, that XL is taking teh correct
hypervisor-ifs header files; and that you are booting the two most
recent built images?

> *** By the way, the new syntax is inconsistent with
>     2.6 linux builds so this new requirement may
>     generate a lot of confusion.  Xen uses
>
>       make ARCH=xxx
>
>     and Linux 2.6 uses
>
>       ARCH=xxx make
>
>     and they are definitely different.  I'm no make
>     expert and this may be unrelated but doing
>
>       make ARCH=xeno oldconfig dep bzImage
>
>     doesn't work for me unless I do the steps
>     with separate make's.

Okay, I've checked in a fix for this to 1.2 and to unstable.
The syntax 'ARCH=xeno make xxxx' will work again now.
You should find that 'ARCH=xeno make mrproper oldconfig dep bzImage'
does the right thing...

 -- Keir