Re: [Xen-devel] HYPERVISOR_console_write gone?

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:20, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
>
> > Btw, there is no common/console.c in neither Xen nor Xenolinux. I would
> > really like to have HYPERVISOR_console_write back, so I have re-added
> > the definition to asm/hypervisor.h. What do I have to change in Xen (I
> > don't think I want a full debug build) to make it work?
>
> Never mind, fixed drivers/char/console.c to suit my needs. I am still
> curious about how to get guest console output send to dom0 though.

Run the new 'xend' in domain 0, and when you start a domain with
xc_dom_create it will print out which TCP port the domain's
console will be available on (e.g. "telnet localhost 9600").

The interface is just about to undergo some further changes, but
this should work for now. console is now bidirectional, so you
should be able to login if you run a getty on 'console' e.g. in
/etc/inittab

C:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty console

Ian