Re: [Xen-devel] HYPERVISOR_console_write gone?

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:44, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:20, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
>
> > The interface is just about to undergo some further changes, but
> > this should work for now. console is now bidirectional, so you
> > should be able to login if you run a getty on 'console' e.g. in
> > /etc/inittab
> >
> > C:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty console
>
> Right now it seems my domain is locking up when kernel/printk.c calls
> console->setup(). Do I need any special console=... arguments in the
> boot parameter string?

Are you running 'xend'? The current console implementation is
blocking, and hence you could stall after filling up the buffer
if you haven't run the daemon to read it out.

It's expected that 'xend' will be run in every domain0, and will
be taking on other functionality in the future too (such as
potentially reaping dead domains).

Ian