Re: [Xen-devel] Xen x devfs

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Earlier in the boot process, do you see messages from Xen
> detecting your hard drive, and then from domain 0 doing a
> partition check on hda?
>
> e.g. on my SCSI machine I should see the following from Xen:
>
> scsi0 : percraid
>   Vendor: DELL      Model: PERCRAID Volume   Rev: V1.0
>   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
> SCSI device sda: 286716544 512-byte hdwr sectors (146799 MB)
> sda: Write Protect is off
>
> ... and the following from domain 0:
>
> DOM0: pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
> DOM0: Skipping partition check on cdrom /dev/hda
> DOM0: Partition check:
> DOM0:  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4 < sda5 sda6 sda7 sda8 sda9 sda10 sda11 sda12
> sda13 sda14 sda15 >
> DOM0: RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
> DOM0: loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
> DOM0: NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
>

> What happens if you use one of the standard linux kernels on the
> DemoCD rather than Xen?

 I have reached a partial solution stage..

I made initrd.img for xenolinux and added it to grub boot menu for
xenolinux

module /boot/initrd-2.4.24-xeno.img

The boot process proceeds..during "Checking for new hardware",
floppy drive, zip drive, cdrom, ethercards are removed!!

Boot sequence does complete and I can see the dom0 prompt.

I have no idea as to how to handle the hardware problem part..

-ishwar