Re: [Xen-devel] USB in xenolinux

> I'm trying to add USB support to xenolinux for DOM0.

Wooaah! hold up there!

This isn't going to work right now because Xen 1.2 currently
assumes it contains all the hardware drivers, and there's
currently no mechanism to (safely) export hardware to domains or
plumb interrupts through.

In your configuration, you've told dom0 to go behind Xen's back
and help itself to the hardware. Since dom0 is fully privileged,
Xen isn't stopping it, but it's going to end in tears...

In the new IO world (which is still under development) you'll be
able to plumb interrupts through to domains and selectively grant
domains access to individual bits of hardware.

This is still a few weeks away, though progress is fast.

I'm afraid USB won't work until such time.

Cheers,
Ian