Re: [Xen-devel] Python path

Hi,

> Looking at the web interface, it appears the change was
> contributed by Adam Heath, as part of his helpful effort to make
> Xen/Xenolinux Debian complient:
>
> http://xen.bkbits.net:8080/xeno-1.2.bk/diffs/tools/xc/py/Makefile@xxx?nav=index.html|src/.|src/tools|src/tools/xc|src/tools/xc/py|hist/tools/xc/py/Makefile
>
> Can you guys duke it out to figure out what the correct runes
> should be, and we'll apply the patch.  Makefiles and installation
> scripts are not our strong point...

I've just hunted out some relevant documentation:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/inst/alt-install-windows.html

This suggests we should revert to the earlier "root" behaviour for a
distribution installation rather than a local "home" installation.  I
also notice that my Debian testing "sarge" install uses
/usr/lib/python2.{1,3}, so hopefully the Debian package should work
there too?

Attached is my patch to revert behaviour.  I've built my RPM with it and
checked that the tools work again.  If everyone's happy should we apply
it?

Cheers,

Sean.

--