Re: [Xen-devel] 1.3 Serial Stuff

> I just tried the new serial integrations. For the most part they work very
> well. It is nice to be able to see what is going on while the guests are
> booting...
>
> I just have a couple of small issues:
> 1) I can't login to root on xen/cons devices (even with setting
> /etc/securettys). When does this file get read?

Oh, yuk. There's also a file /etc/securetty (no final 's') which is
actually the one that I meant. I think you probably need to modify
both
 /etc/securetty
 /etc/securettys

The documenting email I sent is in docs/Console-HOWTO --- I'll be sure
to update that file.

> 2) xencons is much slower and choppier than the telnet client. Is there
> anything to be done to speed it up?

So you can connect via telnet: all smooth. Then reconnect to teh same
session with xencons: slow and choppy.

If the above describes the situation then edit xencons and replace:
 'data = sock.recv(1)'  with   'data = sock.recv(1024)'
 'data = os.read(0,1)'  with   'data = os.read(0,1024)'

Let me know how it goes -- if it helps then I'll update the
repository.

 -- Keir