Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable networking

> I'm trying to make Xen's internal network among the domains available
> to a vpn: the machine is allocated a network in the vpn,
> 192.168.101.0/24, and domain 0 has an IP tunnel to the vpn server and a
> single IP address in that network, 192.168.101.254. This network is
> made visible from the vpn by routing daemons running in domain 0. This
> much works and domain 0's vpn connectivity is fine.
>
> The other domains then have addresses in 192.168.101.0/24, e.g.
> 192.168.101.1 for domain 1, with the address added to the VFR for that
> domain's vif 0 and the address added as a secondary on the domain's
> eth0. The domain then has a default route via 192.168.101.254. Domain 0
> has /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward set to 1. I can ping between domains,
> and between domain 0 and other domains using 192.168.101.x addresses.

With this configuration, the packets will go out on the wire
directly as you've told it that the whole 192.168.101.0/24 subnet
is directly accessible from eth0

Try setting the ip addresses for domains >0 to
e.g. 192.168.101.1/32 and then set the default route to go via
gateway 192.168.101.254

I haven't tried this, but it should force all packets to go via
domain 0 rather than out via the LAN. (You could set a gateway
just for 192.168.101.0/24 if you wanted other packets to go on
the LAN directly)

Ian