Re: [Xen-devel] issues getting more than 16M ram to be used without oopsing. 1.2 and 1.3-unstable

> Heh, I know what you mean on the VIA boards. I almost always have an issue
> booting > 3 month old kernels on them. 8-P I spose I could look at via as
> a "enforced upgrade" system. ;)
>
> *nod* I'd tried the noacpi, ignorebiostables, etc. All of the usual tricks
> on the xenolinux.gz kernel image as well to no avail pror to harassing
> yall. :) I think my friend Adam was feeling a bit abused as a Xen suport
> route as well. *grin*
>
> Things are getting a LITTLE bit futher on the bootup. :) Any chance the
> IDE , USB, and/or ethernet interfaces are doign something funky?

Looks like the Ethernet interface might be doing bad things. Both
crashes are at the same point in its interrupt handler. I'm not sure
whether this is a cause or merely a symptom though.

I'll take a look. Meanwhile, can you put a different card in that
machine? For example, we know that 3com 3c905's are good. 3c595 is a
relic. :-)

 -- Keir