[Xen-devel] About defaults

Excuse me, what did you mean by "certainly wrong: you're ... to make real
physical partition hda1 visible to the domain"?
Can we use real physical partition in vbd_list?

And what the "cmdline_root" should be?

Thanks.
Xiaofang

 >   vbd_list = [ ('phy:hda1','sda1','w'), ('phy:hda1','sda6','r') ]
 >
 > might be an appropriate entry as I have one IDE disk (hda) with root-fs
 > on /dev/hda1
 > ?

 I don't know enough about your setup to know what you should
 have, but this is almost certainly wrong: you're trying to make
 real physcial partition hda1 visible to the domain as both sda1
 and sda6.

 Are you trying to have a a separate writeable root and read-only
 /usr partion?

 You do realise that the writeable partition must not be the same
 partition that you're using for domain0's root? You need to make
 a copy.

 Ian