Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Need help..

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 18:21, I RATTAN wrote:
> I am confused:
>
> dom0 /usr is /dev/hda6
>
> and
>
> dom1 /usr is /dev/sd6 which is mapped to /dev/hda7
>
> does it mean even these are separate physical entities, they
> have to mounted read-only?

if they are separate physical partitions mounting rw should be fine. We
normally just use one /usr partition and mount it ro to all domains.

to things to get closer to the root of your problem:

can you show us the output of 'mount' in dom0?

can you change the LABEL= entries in /etc/fstab to contain the /dev/hda*
partition names.

depending on how you created your partitions you might have multiple
partitions with the same label. I generally avoid using labels and use
the explicit devices.

Thanks
Rolf