Re: [Xen-devel] can i use xen to run windows on linux

>If tis is true, I would like to know if the source of xen available over
>the net is enough to run window on linux

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:

To run an operating system on top of Xen, you need a special version of
the operating system kernel. The default software download comes with
the necessary changes required to the linux kernel to allow you to build
a special version of linux. There are also prebuilt versions of xen and
this modified linux (called "XenoLinux").

The modified version of windows (called "XenoXP") is not available for
public download due to licensing reasons.

If your goal is to run windows (or windows apps) on linux you can try:

  - vmware, win4lin (commercial)
  - bochs (support for win95 and nt4 I believe)
  - wine (support for some apps, not entire OS)

cheers,

S.