[Xen-devel] Problems booting xen-unstable

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:54:11 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:57:32 +0100

Sorry to bother you even more with this, but I still have bootup problems I can't figure out. I have now updated to the unstable version and builded xen.gz and vmlinuz-2.4.26-xen0

When i bootup the system hangs on:

.
.
..
 EXT3-fs: mounted root (ext3 filesystem with ordered data mode.
 VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly
 Freeing unused kernel memory: 112k freed"

The grub file is now:

title Xen ...

        root(0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 watchdog noreboot com1=115200 noht
        module /vmlinuz-2.4.26-xen0 root=/dev/hda2 ro console=tty0

The grub, for some reasons, search automaticly on the /boot map so i have to skip /boot the hda1 is the boot partition and hda2 is /. I get no failure messages, it just hangs. I have compiled the files the
correct way with ians updated information in the previous mail.

Could it be some HW problems? I have the boot manager on the MBR, is this a problem? Does it mather which grub version I use? etc. I had som similar problems on the XEN CD installation, so i guess there could be som HW problems (??)

Thank you for your patience :-)

regards
rune