a few bk hints (was Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in dom0)

A bit offtopic, but maybe this will help somebody:

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:20:05PM +0000, Jody Belka wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15th, 2004 at 09:00 (CEST), Keir Fraser wrote:
> > Can you point us at the vmlinux file for this backtrace? Also, I can't
> > see the repository revision you've described -- what is the output of
> > 'bk sccslog | head' on your repository?

"bk changes -r+" is a more concise equivalent... but as Jody points out,
you can just "bk changes -r40f41ae00utn5d2f3tlNLcvG_QhiBA" to find out
what changeset that is.

> I generally prefer to give out the MD5KEY names for the
> revisions, since the changeset numbers can, and often do,
> change whenever they feel like it. You can use the MD5KEY names
> anywhere you'd use a changeset number anyway, after all.

That's perfectly true.  In fact that cset has a different version
number in my local tree than it does in Jody's output.  MD5KEYs and KEYs
are eternal, everything else is temporary.  (Well, I suppose the
contents are also eternal.  But comments and revision numbers, in
particular, are mutable.)

And on a slightly more xen-related topic:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:30:52AM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Further, did dom0 have swap configured?
>
> Yes. I allocated 48megs of physical memory to dom0, and added
> an additional an extra 125megs of swap to it. The output of free
> as we speak (still haven't rebooted the system) is:

> Mem:            44         41          2          0          1          8
> -/+ buffers/cache:         32         12
> Swap:          125          5        120

Hmm, looks like your free(1) has -m as the default... I've always seen
-k as the default.

Or else you got it to boot with 11 pages of memory, which would be
quite a feat.

-andy