Re: [Xen-devel] scheduling weirdness

On Jul 19, 2004, at 3:19 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

Are all the VM workloads similar? We still have CPU scheduler
problems, in that I/O-bound VMs will be unfairly penalised. We have
someone working on fixing this over the summer.

Yeah, all four VMs were running the identical task, started together within the amount of time it took me to switch between ssh sessions.

(Specifically I did "emerge sync" which rsync's the latest gentoo repository data to the host and imports the metadata about version numbers, followed by "emerge -u system" which downloads/compiles/upgrades all the packages that need upgrading on the system.)

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould