Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM

On Jul 19, 2004, at 4:28 AM, Chris Andrews wrote:

I'm seeing this corruption on a single CPU machine, with a single 2.4 guest running but idle. I only ran one 2.6.7 guest, and I didn't give it any work, but it didn't take any load in the 2.4 guest to provoke problems.

I've not really tried real hard at not loading the VMs or dom0 OS yet. I've got too much I want to make them do. :)

The machine uses devicemapper, so I'm going to move some partitions around and see if I still get corruption without it. I can also build Xen with debug=y and try that, once I've got the disk sorted.

This box uses dm as well... Clue or coincidence? Probably coincidence... I've had the segfaults in different VMs and dom0, so I doubt it's related to any specific LV or disk sector or anything.

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould