Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM

Could someone try to isolate this to either the network backend driver
or the blkdev backend driver?

The best way to do this is to disable the frontend drivers so that
they never try to coinnect to the backend driver...

To disable networking:
Edit arch/xen/drivers/netif/frontend/main.c. Change netif_init() to
always 'return 0;'.

To disable block devices:
Edit arch/xen/drivers/blkif/frontend/main.c. Change xlblk_init() to
always 'return 0;'.

Oh yes -- the 2.4 sparse tree no longer contains the net frontend
driver - you'll find the build tree symlinks to
linux-2.6.7-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/net/network.c. So you might want to
edit that instead...

Obviously, if you disable blkdevs you'll need to boot off a ramdisk
or via a networked mount. :-)

 Cheers,
 Keir