[Xen-devel] Networking

Hi,

I am using the unstable Xen installed last week. I don't know if others also encoutered the same problems as me.

First, Xen is installed successfully and I can start new domains, and ssh into them from other machines. But whenever I reboot the Xen machine,  I need to use "service network restart" to make the network working. The booting process shows nothing wrong with the eth0.

The second problem is that after I created a new domain, e.g., dom1. if I want to restrict it to a specific IP address, e.g.:
   iptables -P FORWARD DROP
   iptables -A FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in vif1.0 -s 100.1.1.1 -j ACCEPT
   iptables -A FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-out vif1.0 -d 100.1.1.1 -j ACCEPT
It doesn't work. Everything outside is blocked. But if I change the above vif1.0 into eth0, it works! This seems a little strange to me.

Thanks for all replies!
Kathy

Do you Yahoo!?