Re: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM - FIXED!

On 23 Jul 2004, at 17:01, Keir Fraser wrote:

What we need now is some more checking, particularly with SCSI block
devices, to see whether there are any more bugs to shake out.

I've given this change a go on my PE1650 (aacraid driver). Unfortunately this seems to be one of the SCSI drivers that doesn't correctly handle the error condition.

Running my usual test ('compare' in dom0, compiles in other domains), I don't see any differences in the compares, but after a few minutes, I get the following on the console, and everything is stuck waiting for disk.

aacraid: cmd len 00000000 cmd underflow 00010000
aacraid: Host adapter reset request. SCSI hang ?

The latter message repeats every few seconds. I rebooted the box with the Xen console after a few lines. I'm going to try the aacraid driver from 2.4.27-rc3, which I believe has had some attention recently.

Chris.