From: Ian Pratt
Sent: Fri 30/07/2004 10:39 AM
To: James Harper
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] crashes

> i'm having random crashes under load (diff & pings). No
> messages in the logs or anything, just reboots or hangs.

Are you using SCSI or IDE? What device driver?

Please can you try backing out the cset labelled 'a better fix
for blkdev request merging' i.e.:

 cset -x41051ec1NERNxLF017rAWe7ljBk92w

>When I went to look at the screen after a hang to see if there
>was an oops or anything like it, the screen was blanked and
>wouldn't wake up - anyone know how to stop that behaviour?

That's Linux behaviour -- not a lot we can do about
it. Collecting crash messages is much easier if you have an
attached serial line...

Ian
 -=- MIME -=-
--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_

i'm having random crashes under load (diff & pings). No messages in the log=
s or anything, just reboots or hangs. When I went to look at the screen aft=
er a hang to see if there was an oops or anything like it, the screen was b=
lanked and wouldn't wake up - anyone know how to stop that behaviour?

James=20

--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_

<HTML dir=3Dltr><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>i'm having random crashes =
under load (diff &amp; pings). No messages in the logs or anything, just re=
boots or hangs.&nbsp;When I went to look at the screen after a hang to see =
if there was an oops or anything like it, the screen was blanked and wouldn=
't&nbsp;wake up - anyone&nbsp;know how to stop that behaviour?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>James</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_--