Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.7-xen0 hang on boot

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Ian Pratt wrote:
>
> > What happens if you boot with /lib/tls moved out the way then put
> > it back (and run ldconfig) after the system is up? Does it
> > seem stable?
>
> The system doesn't seem very stable after I put /lib/tls
> back.  Every application seems to segfault ;)

Oh well, I think we can declare /sbin/init innocent...

I'll try and get hold of a Pentium-M to test FC3T1 on, just in
case there's some weird hwcap thing. Beyond that, I guess we'd
need a tar ball of your whole file system.

It's definitely worth checking that you're fully up to date with
the BK repository.

> Time to reboot with 'nosegfixup' ;)

Running purely in -ve segment offset emulation-only mode is
pretty slow: you might want to just move /lib/tls out of the way
for the moment.  (When operational, the binary-rewriting fixup
code makes the overhead negligible)

Ian