Re: [Xen-devel] debian packages

That would be Adam or myself on the deb packages. :)

It's taking me a bit longer to create the debs due to a: inexperience
with packaging b: the changes in xc_* to the new control utils c:
separating xen itself from XenLinux building.

I *hope* I can release the new debs later this evening if everything
keeps going good here. So cross your fingers. ;)

As far as separating the XenLinux kernel/modules from the main xen tree,
it'll be a utility that will use the xen-dev and linux-2.x.x-xen-sparse
debs to create individual linux images. This way you can compile debs
for any specific CPU and 32 or 64 bit modes that you want along with
custom modules and kernel options. I decided to go this way after
realizing the sheer range of options available. :) It no longer made
sense to enforce the compile repackaging of the xen main stuff just to
create a new XenLinux package.

Anyways, back to getthing this beast fixed up. Still doing a bit of
tweaking of the main Makefile to get the install routines for tools,
xen, and docs targets to install into `pwd`/debian/install instead of
into the root fs. 8-P

Anyways, I'll post once the debs are available as well as the source
patches. I'd love any feedback on missing/misplaced/etc files. And if
anyone else is any better at Makefiles than me, fixes there as well. :)

laters!
Brian