From: Ian Pratt
Sent: Tue 24/08/2004 12:42 AM
To: James Harper
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] iscsi patch

> what's the best way of setting up the source tree so that 'make linux26' will automagically apply a given patch to a particular source tree? eg iscsi initiator patch to 2.6.7-xenU.

I find it easy to build the iscsi initiator module outside the
kernel tree. [Even if you build it into the kernel you'll still
need an initrd anyhow]

Just edit TOPDIR and KDIR, then "make ARCH=xen".

If you want to apply it as a patch, you could follow the
ebtables example in the to-level Makefiles.

Ian