Re: [Xen-devel] iscsi patch

> there's an iscsi-boot program which I can't get working - are there some
> network ioctl's not implemented under xen? It seems to be a minimal iscsid
> which doesn't persist but connects the root filesystem. Maybe it isn't
> maintained anymore but it's in utils.

I haven't looked at iscsi-boot -- I just cooked my own initrd.

Since iscsid doesn't terminate it's not possible to free the
initrd after the pivot_root, which wases some memory. iscsi-boot
sounds like a better way forward.

Can you get iscsi-boot working on a native 2.6 system? I'd be
rather surprised if it didn't just work running over Xen.

As regards your 2.6 ipv6 problem, are you sure you haven't got
any iptables rules that might be blocking things?

Is it the case that you can have a new guest domain booted and
talking to the network just fine, and then merely the act of
insmod'ing ipv6 into dom0 will break it?

Ian