Re: [Xen-devel] xen and agpgart

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 09:31:29AM +0100, Christian Limpach wrote:
> The code which clears the bit is only run later in the same function.
> It's in the ARCH_SETUP macro.
>
> But it seems that the changes we make there get lost after start_kernel
> calls check_bugs() which in turn calls identify_cpu() and resets
> boot_cpu_data.

Aha.  Ok.  I've done a quick hack to clear those bits in identify_cpu() and
my system booted up and those flags properly remained disabled.  I now
nolonger Oops out starting X, instead.. I start X (after the agp and drm
modules load successfully), I get a blank screen, my disk is accessed a few
times, and the computer reboots.  I unfortunately don't have a serial port
on my current test machine, and no crash information was logged, so it looks
like this is going to be harder to debug from this point.

                                -- Gerald