Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen reboots when trying to start new domain

Usually the low mappings are only there to bootstrap the OS out of
non-page-table mode. Once you have page tables, most stuff is going to
transition to the high mappings, surely?

If you just remove the low mappings, I wonder how much code would
actually crash. :-)

Anyway, I've checked in code which, rather than rejecting page tables
that are mapped at multiple different VAs, instead marks the page
information that this is the case. When using shadow page tables, and
potentially writable page tables, this might cause a considerable
slowdown. But that isn't the case for FreeBSD right now of course, so
you could leave teh low mappings for now and strip them out later.

 -- Keir