Re: [Xen-devel] Automation scripts

> I like this suggestion. Instead of having a bunch of templates only, I could
> also have standby partitions, ready to start immediately. Storage *is* cheap,
> so the cost is low for this.

I expect it wouldn't be too hard to modify the dm-snap driver to
do this. I think we'd end up with something rather more robust,
as the current snapshot mechanism is very vulnerable to disk
errors and other corruption.

In any event, it snap-dm should probably be modified such that it
shares a kcopyd memory pool among all the active snapshots rather
than allocating 1MB for each.

It's a pity that the snapshot exception table is entirely memory
resident, stored as a hash table. Turning it into an on-disk
tree cached in memory would be better.

All things for the todo list...

Ian