Re: [Xen-devel] Stable and unstable trees

On Friday 01 October 2004 12:59 pm, Mark A. Williamson wrote:
<snip>
> > I've been experiencing some unstability in the 2.0bk code, particularly
> > when I use ReiserFS formatted LVM partitions with the 2.6 kernel. I have
> > yet to get the serial console working (ttyS0) yet, so I have nothing for
> > you as of yet, but I am working on that as time permits.
>
> That's not something I'd expect to see problems with, unless you're seeing
> the RAM-related problems with LVM mentioned recently on this list.
</snip>

I would say that it probably is RAM/LVM related. What's the concensus on how
to manage this? Is it just a problem for Dom-0? If so, how much RAM should be
allocated? At the moment I have a very hefty allocation of 376MB to avoid
problems while I get everything else running, but I'd like to get that closer
to 128MB if possible.

Are there any changes afoot to manage the memory related issues more
gracefully? Or if they are caused by bugs in the Linux-2.6 LVM code, are they
being attended to by the kernel developers?

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. Just booted unstable. I think I'll stick with this for a while :o)
PD