Re: [Xen-devel] Mixing patches

>> Are there any known problems with mixing Xen patches with any other
kernel
>> patches?
>
>Most things should apply OK.  If the patch touches the i386 architecture
code
>then you'll want to run it through something like "sed 's/i386/xen/g".  If
it
>touches certain parts of this code that are substantially different under
Xen
>then it might need explicit porting.

<groan>  Well, it certainly looks like it touches arch.

Here's a patch log:

patching file kernel/exit.c
patching file kernel/fork.c
patching file kernel/sched.c
patching file mm/vmscan.c
patching file arch/i386/Kconfig
patching file arch/i386/kernel/apm.c
patching file arch/i386/kernel/cpu/common.c
patching file arch/i386/kernel/entry.S
patching file arch/i386/kernel/head.S
patching file arch/i386/kernel/process.c
patching file arch/i386/kernel/signal.c
patching file arch/i386/kernel/vm86.c
patching file arch/i386/Makefile
patching file arch/i386/mki/Makefile
patching file arch/i386/mki/mki.c
patching file arch/i386/mm/fault.c
patching file include/asm-i386/desc.h
patching file include/asm-i386/mki.h
patching file include/asm-i386/mkiversion.h
patching file include/asm-i386/segment.h
patching file include/asm-i386/thread_info.h
patching file include/linux/init_task.h
patching file include/linux/sched.h
patching file arch/i386/Makefile
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/get-version.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/LICENSE
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/Makefile
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mki22.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mki24.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mki-adapter.h
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mkifunc.h
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mki-main.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mkimki.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/mkivnet.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/README
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/timer.c
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/vneteth.h
patching file arch/i386/mki-adapter/vnetint-pub.h

This is a patch for Netraverse's Win4Lin.  I am trying to figure out a way
to get an instance of Win95 running on a netsork server for several legacy
apps.  I could devote a machine to it, but the Xen VM idea and migrating
server images is so compelling that I really wish I can do this in a
domain.