Re: [Xen-devel] Mixing patches

> >> This is a patch for Netraverse's Win4Lin.
> >
> >In order to emulate windows, chances are win4lin needs to
> >play with segments and LDT descriptors.  Fat chance that'll
> >work inside an unmodified Xen ...
>
> Hummm ,,  I've examined both patches pretty closely and I don't see any
> obvious conflicts.  I'm going to try to build a win4lin patch modified to
> apply to the post xen patch tree.  Hopefully, I'll just have to move the
> arch/i386 files and patches to arch/xen/i386.  Any problem with this
> strategy?

I haven't looked at the patch, but it sounds like it would want
to do some pretty gross stuff.

As a quick way to apply the patch, you might want to take a look
at the fakei386xen script in tools/misc. It basically renames
arch xen to arch i386 so the patch without modification. I wrote
it to enable me to build an external module supplied with a very
dumb Makefile.

Ian