Re: [Xen-devel] win4lin-like porting of win98 to xen?

>For win9x under Xen I think that getting Win4Lin running under XenLinux
would
>be the most straightforward way of doing things.  Is the kernel patch GPL?

>If so, the commercial bit must be the userland software and the device
>drivers, right?  Given that, the quickest way to a free Win4Lin would be
>reuse their kernel patch and rewrite the tools / drivers...  Still a
>nontrivial piece of work.

I have looked moderately closely at the win4lin patch and Xen.  For the
most part, they look like they can be merged.  There is one area that is
probably the deal braker.  Win4Lin modifies the layout of the Generl
Descriptor Table at the CPU memory segment level, as does Xen, and there is
an area of overlap.  This may be fixable, but not at my skill levels.
Check out the patch on segment.h in the Win4Lin patch.