RE: [Xen-devel] domain-0 idea (well xen really) reboot domain-0 without restarting entire machine

  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:57:24 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:02:51 +0100

> What are the chances of being able to reboot domain-0 without
> triggering xen to reboot the entire machine? A shutdown
> definitly would cause a restart, but I'd love to be able to
> reboot domain-0 without taking out the entire machine. :)

In theory, another privileged domain could take over dom0's duties,
but there may be a few tiny fixes required in Xen.
However, the new domain would need access to xend's database, or the two
xend's
would need some sort of protocol for the secondary to mirror the
primary's state.

Ian