[Xen-devel] Xen - Mosix cluster

This may seems a bit of a strange question, but has any thought been given
to merging the ideas of Xen with Mosix?  A client asked me this, and I
can't come up with a clear answer.  I understand that both provide
clustering, but at a different granularity.  A Xen cluster can migrate an
entire server OS environment, while a Mosix cluster migrates specific
processes.

I presume there is a basic assumption to Xen usage that the hardware
resource pool, represented by the resources of any single physical computer
system, smp or not, is always mayfold greater than the demands of any guest
domain.  Many OS images running concurently on the same machine is the
idea.  As a side effect, the resource usage of any on OS environment is
also limited at a maximum by the limites on any single node machine. (It's
also limited by configuration, I know.)

Would building Xen on top of Mosix allow that resource pool to expand to
that of the entire Mosix cluster?   This would, if feasible, allow not only
more domains to be managed by a single Xen kernel, but also allow dynamic
expansion of single domain images beyond the limits of single hardware
nodes.

Just a thought.