Re: [Xen-devel] More Xen troubles (with xend this time)

> When trying to reproduce a crash (when I do "xm restore foo.xen", the
> restored VM crashed instantaneously), I hit the following "bug" (I hope
> that the problem lies between my keyboard and my chair and that I didn't
> find another real bug) :
>
> I did restore the domain, then noticed it was crashed ("-----c" in xm
> list). I tried to destroy it, but it didn't work. So I stopped xend,
> restarted it ... And there it goes :

Restarting xend was a bit of a brave move. Although its intended
to be restartable, there are definitely bugs in the restart code,
particularly if you have domains in unusual states at the time
(e.g. crashed, awaiting reaping). Error case code is always the
least tested...

As to why the domain wouldn't be destroyed, that may turn out to
be a useful clue as to the resume problem at its root. If we
could get a crashdump from a known kernel image I'm sure we can
fix this pretty easily.

Ian