Re: [Xen-devel] problems compiling xen on a crusoe

> Perhaps I spoke too soon.  Both Xen and the kernels compiled without
> error, but rebooting into Xen doesn't seem to work.  Grub seems to try
> to load the Xen kernel, then the machine spontaneously reboots.  This
> seems to be the case even if I try to disable lots of stuff (below,
> but the same thing happens even without noht.*)
>
> At this point, my grub.conf has this:
>
> title  Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.9-xen0-crusoe
> kernel (hd0,4)/boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 console=vga noht noacpi
> noapic nosmp noreboot ignorebiostables
> module (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-xen0-crusoe root=/dev/hda8
>
> Is there any way to see more info on what's happening after grub tries
> to load xen.gz?  Perhaps I should try to recompile xen with -nopie and
> -fno-stack-protector-all?

Well, can you make your Xen image (xen-syms) available for me to
download? I'll take a look at it, since it must be crashing out very
early indeed.

If you want to find the point at which the image is crashing, you can
try the following:

Try adding 'for(;;);' as the first piece of code in cmain() in
xen/common/kernel.c. The idea is to move an infinite loop around until
the kernel hangs rather then rebooting -- you can use this to
determine which line of code is causing you to crash.

If you still crash with the infinite for-loop in place, you'll need to
add:
1:  jmp 1b

...to various places in xen/arch/boot/x86_32.S (various places after
the label '__start'). I'd start by placing it immediately before
'call cmain' as one distinct possibility is that the calling
convention for asm -> C is different for your compiler. If that
still crashes then you can start moving the loop higher up in the
assembly code.

 -- Keir