Re: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0/2.0.1 reboots silently on via C3-cpu

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

On my lex mainboard with a Via C3 cpu, xen 2.0(.1) reboots (nearly)
immediately without any outputs.

Adam Sulmicki has been working this problem. Take a look at the logs if
there are any to see what he is doing.

It is a C3 limitation coupled with Xen's dependence on 4M page tables,
among other things.

that is probably correct but .. just for sake of completeness.. which exactly C3 cpu is this ? Pasting /proc/cpuinfo would give good information.

I also expect to send updated patch to the list on Monday which should address all know in issues. FWIW, the issues I ran so far and fixed were:

        1) lack of 4mb page tables
        2) lack of support for CMOVE

also, I have this weird problem where the /etc/init.d/xend does not seem to work anymore with 4kb pages (as tested on pentium 3 with PAE disabled). That seems quie weird. any ideas?

Adam,
who ponders if there exists 686 python version with cmove support... me goes off to check.