Re: [Xen-devel] Introduction and questions

> 2. my USB trackball would not work, but when I plug it into a PS/2 port,
> with works just fine.

You probably don't have USB support compiled in.  If you enable USB support
your xen0 kernel, it should work fine.

> 1. Is "Domains" in Xen speak the same as Virtual Machines in VMWare speak?

Basically less.  Technically, we call a "virtual machine" the persistent
entity with configuration, virtual disks, etc.  We call a *running* virtual
machine a domain.  This is like the distinction between programs and
processes that many OSs have.

> 2. I read that various OS's need to be ported to work with Xen, but I can't
> find out how or what needs to be done when reading the Xen manual. I have a
> 9GB HDD ready to format and use for ported OSs.

There's some guidelines on porting OSs in the interface manual.  Note however
that only the operating system kernel needs modification - this has been done
already for Linux 2.4 / 2.6, NetBSD, FreeBSD and Plan 9.

HTH,
Mark