Re: [Xen-devel] Revised balloon driver

> Hi
> i'm willing to test it, i think i'm in xen 2.0 and not 2.0-testing.
> Is there an easy way to migrate ?

Just build the xen-2.0-testing tree instead of xen-2.0.

> To use the ballon driver, what is needed apart compiling the driver in xen0
> and xenU kernel ?

It is always built-in -- you don't need to configure anything.

> Is there a documentation ?

No. :-)  To use from within the domain, just
 # echo <memsize> >/proc/xen/balloon.

> Couple of weeks ago i've seen a message stating that in order to be able to
> shrink/unshrink memory size you have to pass a parameter at xenU kernel at
> boot time . What is this parameter, have i misunderstood ?

If you want to be able to grow a domain's memory allocation to greater
than its initial allocation, you need to add a "mem=<maxmemsz>" boot
parameter to the guest OS. If you only want to grow/shrink within the
bounds of the initial allocation then you don't need to do this.

 -- Keir