Re: [Xen-devel] network dropouts

> no, I'm setting it manually via `ifconfig` in init script. Notice the
> following lines in kernel log:
>
> Dec 12 20:33:23 zirafa xen-br0: port 1(eth0) entering disabled state
> Dec 12 20:34:23 zirafa xen-br0: port 1(eth0) entering learning state
>
> Why is eth0 (the only physical device in xen-br0) getting into disabled
> state?

My guess would be that the bridge code is receiving carrier-change
events from eth0. This causes it to put eth0 in disabled state for a
while.

One way to check this would be to add some printk()'s to
net/bridge/br_notify.c and see whether you are getting NETDEV_CHANGE
or NETDEV_DOWN events. If so, it may be that your physical connection,
or your router/switch/hub, is a bit dodgy.

None of the other paths via which the interface may get disabled seem
very likely to occur, but we can look at those if it doesn't appear
that you are getting NETDEV events.

 -- Keir