Re: [Xen-devel] Xen initrd

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:20:55AM +0100, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> Actually it does work if I feed uncompressed initrd images to grub.
> It does not seem to like gzipped ones.

To document the solved mystery:
Our mkinitrd does attach the bootsplash screen to the gzipped initrd
image. grub decompressor gets confused and bails out.

Uncompressing throws away the trailing garbage (words from gunzip).
It still works after recompressing ...

Regards,
--
Kurt Garloff                   <kurt@xxxxxxxxxx>             [Koeln, DE]