Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

Derrik ,

Thanks for the feedback.

Derrik Pates wrote:

David F Barrera wrote:

The distro I am using is RHEL 4 Beta 2 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop release 3.90 (Nahant)

/dev/hdc1 / ext2 defaults 1 1

LABEL=SWAP-hdc2 swap swap defaults 0 0 /dev/hda /media/cdrom auto pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,ro,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

# disk = [ 'phy:hda1,hda1,r' ]
disk = [ 'phy:hdc1,hdc1,r' ]

Well, the configuration of the virtual disk looks correct; the swap might disagree with it, but that shouldn't appear until later in the boot process. Perhaps it's an interaction with devfs? Do you have devfs enabled in your xenU (unprivileged domain) kernel? This gave me fits when I first began using Xen, mostly because it seems that the xenU prebuilt kernel that's included with the binary pack has devfs support enabled, and this breaks things.

I will try rebuilding the xenU kernel.

The only other possibility I can think of is that you need to change the block-device import to read-write.

I've already tried changing the block-device import to read-write. No difference.